Serving Our Community & Sharing Good News
Partnership with the Luis Palau Association
AUGUST 2017 - SUMMER 2018
Pastors, churches & business leaders in our community are partnering with the Palau Association for CITYFEST.
This includes . . .
- CITYSERVE | A season of large-scale collaborative serving, kicking off with Project Hope this August! Churches will join together in new and existing ways to partner with schools, address the foster care and homelessness crises, and care for other community needs. Click here for relevant CityServe information.
- Focused-evangelism equipping for believers in the winter of 2017 and spring of 2018.
- Smaller evangelistic events for specific audiences in the spring of 2018. This may include civic, business, women’s and campus gatherings that will create more focused environments for the Good News to be shared.
- An all-day, outdoor festival in July of 2018 where the Gospel is presented at PK Park. The festival will be a community event with Gospel-centered entertainment for children & families, food booths, artists, music, & Gospel presentations in many forms from a variety of voices, including evangelist Andrew Palau.
The purpose of our partnership is that the gospel would be presented to our community in fresh, widespread ways. This decision comes after years of prayer, dialogue & relationship between local leaders and the Palau team. Much more information will follow as our partnership progresses, and numerous opportunities to participate will come through churches! We are asking the Lord for community-wide impact, widespread evangelism equipping for believers, & for many lives to begin a new life with Jesus!
A note from Steve Buss on this year’s partnership between local churches + the Luis Palau Association.
"For more than 50 years, God has empowered Luis Palau and his ministry to fruitfully communicate the transforming Gospel message to people worldwide.
Because I’ve heard the Palau family speak, because I’ve spoken with leaders in other cities who have partnered & because there is lasting impact in the places they’ve served, I am full of faith that this partnership, called CityFest, is a God-given door of opportunity for us.
As local churches, ministries & businesses engage in CityFest, here are a few areas of impact we are focused on:
- Seeing God’s people serve our community in greater measure with greater effectiveness.
- Seeing current school partnerships multiply, with more real-life stories of God’s love in action.
- Seeing vulnerable families and children cared-for, strengthened and thriving.
- Seeing God’s people pray for, and speak with friends and family about their love for the Lord.
- Seeing every ethnic & socio-economic group respond to the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
May you be encouraged to align your vision too. Stay tuned to your local church for ways that you can participate. And pray with us; believing is seeing!"
Steve Buss, One Hope Executive Director
more information for churches. . .
Contact Tom Mueller, Palau Church Relations Director, at email@example.com or call (541) 359-1515.